Thursday, April 25, 2013

artist statement(Mia Casesa)


Yoshitaka Amano

"I had so much fun drawing as a child -- I would draw pictures and that would bring me such a feeling of elation and jubilation. That's what I look back on, being able to -- for work -- enjoy what I do. The fact that it becomes a constant spring of this happiness that you really only get to feel as a child stands out more than any certain project that I have worked on-----It's not so much drawing fantasy as drawing things that aren't reality. There is no switch that takes me out of reality and fantasy, so there is nothing I can pin myself to, but I constantly have these fantastical images in my head, this non-reality that is swimming around in my head, and I can pour it out whenever it's necessary."

I like this artist's explanation of his work as a kind of pure joy and exuberance. I think his statements reflect how I feel about art as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment