Monday, April 29, 2013

Artist Statement Homework



 Vivian Estalella
“For me art is a feeling, an expression that can easily transport you. Through the use of color and lines you can be taken to a place of peace in a moment. As an artist I choose to guide you on a journey of love to a place and time that will awaken your spirit and breathe life into the mundane. Along the way you will see deep into my soul and experience the passionate rhythm of my culture.”

This is a general artist statement about the artist herself rather than any specific piece or body of work. I think it is effective in conveying the emotion and feeling the artist directs towards her audience, thus helping the viewer understand the message of her pieces. I think it may be a bit too broad as it not only encompasses her motivations but hints at her art being a representation of her culture as well. This statement would be intended towards anyone wanting to know what the artist was about and viewing her artwork would not be necessary. Her statement centers on her motivations not her specific style of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment