Wednesday, February 20, 2013


                                                                Saner, Muralist 


                                             http://blog.kidrobot.com/saner-artist-profile/
- Saner is a graffiti artist who was born and raised in Mexico, he studied Fine Arts in a university in Mexico as well. His work is inspired by nature, he believes life is precious and we should savor each moment before it passes us by. In his series of work he does mostly figurative creatures/ people, He also likes to combine symbolism, and story telling within in his body of work.

-I love Saner because I think he closely relates to my work, because I am inspired by nature as well and I try to incorporate a lot of elements from nature into my ceramics and my painting.

-Saner does focus on audience, one example is his latest installation on his website which is the link I posted which demonstrates a series of figurative works with black lines of dynamite strung along the front surfaces of the paintings, and the strings of dynamite were later lit on fire. Each painting engolfed in fire in a beautiful way, leaving almost nothing left of the original work. I think he likes to give his audience a show when they view his work, whether its in the streets of in a gallery. The audience in mind is everybody, all classes of people, He likes to give the audience a story of moral.

-In the drawing I chose, the composition displayed is large group of figures all in black and white with splashes of sepia. All the figures are interacting with each other in a violent way, most of the figures take up the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment