Saturday, February 23, 2013

Note to classmates...

Hi y'all!  I have come across a problem with the transfer project and I wanted to pass them along you guys in case you are having similar issues.

1.  If your printer uses instant-dry ink no amount of oil will transfer the image to another surface.  Trust me, I tried the leftover essential oils I had around the house (wintergreen, peppermint, rosemary, and lavender).  The only option that I found worked was a transfer method using an acrylic gel medium, but of course that will make the paper warp.

2.  If you are on a budget, printing your image on wax paper works like a charm.  I simply a printer with regular ink.   Here's a link on this technique (I know the blogger transfers his image to wood, but I managed to transfer onto paper just fine):  Wax Paper Image Transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment